Top spots for a picnic or BBQ
Is there anything better than a picnic or a BBQ on a beautiful day or evening? We think not! Lucky for you the island is brimming with wonderful locations where you can sit back and watch the world go by while feasting on delicious produce. The top spots range from full facilities to BYO but the best part is, either way there’s no reservation required!
Located at Currie Wharf. Free Electric BBQ, picnic shelter and public conveniences located nearby.
‘The Restaurant With No Food’ is located at 38 Lighthouse Street and open every day with cutlery, plates, kettle and glasses available for your use.
Free Electric BBQ, picnic shelter and public conveniences located nearby.
Free Electric BBQ, picnic shelter, playground and public conveniences located nearby.
Other spots around the island
Cape Wickham Lighthouse
Picnic shelter and public conveniences located nearby.
Electric BBQ, picnic shelter and public conveniences located nearby.
Picnic shelter and public conveniences.
Or, top 10 picnic spots without facilities
In no particular order!
- Red Hut Beach – Simply breathtaking
- Martha Lavinia Beach – Surf’s best kept secret?
- Seal Rocks – The power of the ocean.
- Naracoopa Jetty – Bring your lunch or catch it.
- Sandblow Beach (Grassy) – “Watching the ship(s) roll in, and watch them/it roll away again”.
- Look Out, Bicentennial Park, Currie – Rivals the top of the Lighthouse for the best view of the harbor.
- Disappointment Bay – Doesn’t live up to its name.
- Sea Elephant River – Many local’s favourite spot for peace and tranquility.
- Yellow Rock River – What’s more beautiful – the beach or the river?
- King Island Forestry, Pegarah Road – Sick of majestic beaches? Try some majestic trees instead.