1419 North Rd, Loorana TAS, Australia
Accommodation type:Retreats and Lodges, Self Contained
Address:1419 North Rd, Loorana TAS, Australia
Phone:0417 580 550
- 4 large bedrooms with king sized beds (with luxurious hotel quality linen) which can be split into 8 singles if needed
- 4 ensuite bathrooms with bathroom products/hair dryers/ all linen and towels supplied
- wrap around outdoor deck
- fully equipped commercial style kitchen
- large living/dining area
- beautiful and plush furniture throughout
- separate cable TV viewing area
- sound system
- high speed internet
- games, books and magazines
- wood fire
- large sitting/yoga area
- yoga mats and extra blankets
- large exterior fire pit
- library area
- private beaches and beach access
- lock box for easy and secure access
Taraki Lodge was an idea that four families had discussed not too seriously over dinner one night a few years ago. All families have a particular interest in golf and are members of a fine assortment of Melbourne sandbelt golf clubs including Kingston Heath, Victoria, The National and Peninsula.
So Taraki Lodge was born out of not only the love of golf but as a result the love of King Island and its wonderful residents. The island is wild and enchanting with spectacular land and seascapes, rich oceans, lush farmlands, hidden forests and pristine unspoiled beaches.
The house sits high atop sand dunes and faces due West. In fact, if you set out in a boat heading in that direction the first landfall would be Argentina in South America because you would sail well south of South Africa.
You will notice that the bedrooms are named after their geographic location in the house or the direction they face, in case you lose your way.
Please make yourselves at home and have a lovely short or long vacation. The house has all the comforts of home and all the tools needed to relax with spectacular views to distract you out to Bass Strait and the Roaring Forties. Enjoy!